Safeguarding Information

Safeguarding Information

Reporting a concern

As a person who works (paid or unpaid) with children and young people, you have a duty to refer any concerns you may have regarding the welfare of a child or young person in accordance with Northamptonshire LSCP Multi-agency Procedures.

You must refer your concerns to Northamptonshire Children's Social Work Services using the Multi-agency referral form

If it is an emergency and you think that a child may be in immediate danger please contact the emergency services directly by calling 999.

Reporting concerns about someone who works with or is in a position of trust with children

If you wish to make an allegation against people who work with children who are paid, unpaid, volunteers, casual, agency or anyone self-employed, then you should contact the Designated Officer (formerly known as the Local Authority Designated Officer or LADO) as soon as possible in cases in which it is alleged that a person who works with children has:

  • behaved in a way that has harmed, or may have harmed a child;
  • possibly committed a criminal offence against or related to a child; or
  • behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates they may pose a risk of harm to children.

You can e-mail your query to Please include as much detail as possible.

You can call the Designated Officer on 01604 362993

More information

Northamptonshire Local Safeguarding Children Partnership (LSCP)



Register Now And Book Your Place

If you are interested in finding out more and are the parent / guardian / carer for a young person who is eligible for support, please register here.